As a group that’s built its name on transforming ridiculous rap clichés into comedy gold, it was only a matter of time before The Lonely Island took on the YOLO movement. The group’s latest video single, already sitting at 8 million YouTube views following its debut on SNL this past weekend, finds Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg reprising their approach from 2009’s Slim Thug-inspired Like a Boss, and twisting Drizzy‘s Motto into an over-the-top mirror image of its original meaning: instead of encouraging fast living and irresponsible behavior, the crew advise listeners to preserve their health by refraining from any behavior that’s remotely risky or fun. Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to share some conservative investing tips on verse three, and Maroon Five frontman Adam Levine lends his vocals to the chorus. As the final seconds of the video reveal, this viral smash will be appearing on a new album, due out before year’s end. Keep it locked for details on the LP, as well as the latest singles.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Had Sex" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.