As a group that’s built its name on transforming ridiculous rap clichés into comedy gold, it was only a matter of time before The Lonely Island took on the YOLO movement. The group’s latest video single, already sitting at 8 million YouTube views following its debut on SNL this past weekend, finds Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone and Andy Samberg reprising their approach from 2009’s Slim Thug-inspired Like a Boss, and twisting Drizzy‘s Motto into an over-the-top mirror image of its original meaning: instead of encouraging fast living and irresponsible behavior, the crew advise listeners to preserve their health by refraining from any behavior that’s remotely risky or fun. Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to share some conservative investing tips on verse three, and Maroon Five frontman Adam Levine lends his vocals to the chorus. As the final seconds of the video reveal, this viral smash will be appearing on a new album, due out before year’s end. Keep it locked for details on the LP, as well as the latest singles.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Had Sex" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.