Today’s feature is brought to you by Stones Throw signee The Lions, a collection of LA’s best soul and reggae artists and instrumentalists. A self proclaimed soul act, The Lions are heavily influenced by reggae, and their new visuals for This Generation only further solidifies their roots in the sound system culture as the band travels through L.A.‘s highways and tunnels performing across the city. Great vibe here, and something I think has great crossover appeal because of its heavy reggae sound yet Americanized singing. Those looking for more good vibes can keep an ear out for The Lions’ This Generation album, due out February of 2013.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll It Round" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.