Today’s feature is brought to you by Stones Throw signee The Lions, a collection of LA’s best soul and reggae artists and instrumentalists. A self proclaimed soul act, The Lions are heavily influenced by reggae, and their new visuals for This Generation only further solidifies their roots in the sound system culture as the band travels through L.A.‘s highways and tunnels performing across the city. Great vibe here, and something I think has great crossover appeal because of its heavy reggae sound yet Americanized singing. Those looking for more good vibes can keep an ear out for The Lions’ This Generation album, due out February of 2013.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll It Round" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.