Today’s feature is brought to you by Stones Throw signee The Lions, a collection of LA’s best soul and reggae artists and instrumentalists. A self proclaimed soul act, The Lions are heavily influenced by reggae, and their new visuals for This Generation only further solidifies their roots in the sound system culture as the band travels through L.A.‘s highways and tunnels performing across the city. Great vibe here, and something I think has great crossover appeal because of its heavy reggae sound yet Americanized singing. Those looking for more good vibes can keep an ear out for The Lions’ This Generation album, due out February of 2013.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll It Round" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.