Today’s feature is brought to you by Stones Throw signee The Lions, a collection of LA’s best soul and reggae artists and instrumentalists. A self proclaimed soul act, The Lions are heavily influenced by reggae, and their new visuals for This Generation only further solidifies their roots in the sound system culture as the band travels through L.A.‘s highways and tunnels performing across the city. Great vibe here, and something I think has great crossover appeal because of its heavy reggae sound yet Americanized singing. Those looking for more good vibes can keep an ear out for The Lions’ This Generation album, due out February of 2013.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Roll It Round" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.