Last year hip-hop lost a promising emcee, a family lost a father, husband and son and The League of Extraordinary Gz lost a founding member when Esbe the 6th St. Bully tragically passed away. But Esbe’s spirit lives on - in fact, it’s been reborn with the brand new Yes He Is (Rebirth) remix. On the production side Matt Schad‘s original bouncing beat gets an assist from Reggie Coby, who layers in some extra percussion and a soaring string section. On the mic Esbe still kicks off the festivities while Gz’ rappers S. Dot and Tuk-da-Gat jump in to close the track off with precision. The real addition here comes in the form of a new verse from Rittz, who pays dope tribute to Esbe with yet more of his signature rapid-fire flows. For more thoroughly southern hip-hop be sure to cop The League’s Concealed Weapons 3 mixtape and catch the Gz and Rittz performing right now on The DJBooth-sponsored Revival Tour. RIP Esbe.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/31/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.