During our trip to SXSW, we came across a group of gentlemen who seemed to be a little, well, extraordinary. An eight-man group from Austin - think of ‘em like a new school Texas Wu-Tang, - The League of Extraordinary Gz are premiering their new record Monster to give the Booth a taste of their wild style and lyricism (nope, it doesn’t have anything to do with Kanye’s Monster). While the complete league consists of three groups, Da C.O.D (Mr Greezo, S. Dot, Tuk-da-Gat, and Lil J), Dred Skott (Reggie Coby and Esbe) and Southbound (Lowkey and Sandman), Monster finds Sandman, S.Dot and Tuk-da-Gat putting in work. Starting off with a somewhat eerie chopped up piano sample, the beginning of the song fits the theme well, as producer Reggie Coby crafts a hip-hop horror movie soundtrack of a beat. While the aggressive lyricism will have some rightfully calling the Texas natives microphone monsters, it’s really The League’s master plan, including the release of their Concealed Weapons 3 mixtape on May 12 via DJBooth, that will should have wack rappers running scared.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yes He Is" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.