With She’s So Up, the lead single off their sophomore set, The Knux abandoned all traditional hip-hop trappings—save for flowed verses—in favor of a driving, guitar-driven rock vibe (one reader referred to it as “biker brawl music”). Well, turns out that record wasn’t a fluke—if single numero dos (premiered Friday on Complex) is any indication, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream intend to take the “pop-punk, with rapping” concept and Run with it on their new LP. Here, the duo’s own fuzzed-out riffage and driving backbeat set the stage for bars about… you know, I have no f**king idea. But it involves a chick, and a metric ton of pop-culture references: “Major Payne like Damon Wayans (Hootie-Hoo!) / I cut her like Serato ‘cause she’s FruityLoops / Oh Joey, oh Joey, you’re the only one like Obi Kenobi…” Assisting on the guest tip, Kid CuDi takes a break from recording his own ”experimental rock” project with Dot da Genius to lends his deadpan sung-rapped vocals to the middle 16. So, readers, are you digging the Knux’ new, punk-infused style? Then stay tuned—Eraser is set for release on September 27, and before that the guys have a New York City show on July 30.
Written by richard on 07/4/11
Submit your Rating
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.