With She’s So Up, the lead single off their sophomore set, The Knux abandoned all traditional hip-hop trappings—save for flowed verses—in favor of a driving, guitar-driven rock vibe (one reader referred to it as “biker brawl music”). Well, turns out that record wasn’t a fluke—if single numero dos (premiered Friday on Complex) is any indication, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream intend to take the “pop-punk, with rapping” concept and Run with it on their new LP. Here, the duo’s own fuzzed-out riffage and driving backbeat set the stage for bars about… you know, I have no f**king idea. But it involves a chick, and a metric ton of pop-culture references: “Major Payne like Damon Wayans (Hootie-Hoo!) / I cut her like Serato ‘cause she’s FruityLoops / Oh Joey, oh Joey, you’re the only one like Obi Kenobi…” Assisting on the guest tip, Kid CuDi takes a break from recording his own ”experimental rock” project with Dot da Genius to lends his deadpan sung-rapped vocals to the middle 16. So, readers, are you digging the Knux’ new, punk-infused style? Then stay tuned—Eraser is set for release on September 27, and before that the guys have a New York City show on July 30.
Written by richard on 07/4/11
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)