Is expletive-filled rap on its way out? Probably not, but with everyone from reader-acclaimed up-and-comers Young Son and Bullet to big names like Chamillionaire and the legendary Rakim electing to keep their bars cuss-free, somebody has to pick up the slack. Enter Rah Almillo and Krispy Kream of The Knux, who are back in the Booth with an f-bomb-packed track titled F*ck You. If you consider excessive cursing a dealbreaker, this most likely isn’t going to be your jam, but those willing to listen a little closer will find that there’s more here than meets the ear. In addition to delivering an unconventionally catchy beat driven by reversed guitar(?) riffs and gritty percussion, the twosome spit verses as packed with agile, thought-provoking lyricism as they are with profanity. This track will undoubtedly get repeat spins from listeners on The Knux’ wavelength—and I think it’s safe to assume Almillo and Kream don’t give a… damn about the rest. Fans can catch the Knux at Lollapalooza this weekend; keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on their forthcoming sophomore LP!
Written by richard on 08/4/09
Submit your Rating
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.