Is expletive-filled rap on its way out? Probably not, but with everyone from reader-acclaimed up-and-comers Young Son and Bullet to big names like Chamillionaire and the legendary Rakim electing to keep their bars cuss-free, somebody has to pick up the slack. Enter Rah Almillo and Krispy Kream of The Knux, who are back in the Booth with an f-bomb-packed track titled F*ck You. If you consider excessive cursing a dealbreaker, this most likely isn’t going to be your jam, but those willing to listen a little closer will find that there’s more here than meets the ear. In addition to delivering an unconventionally catchy beat driven by reversed guitar(?) riffs and gritty percussion, the twosome spit verses as packed with agile, thought-provoking lyricism as they are with profanity. This track will undoubtedly get repeat spins from listeners on The Knux’ wavelength—and I think it’s safe to assume Almillo and Kream don’t give a… damn about the rest. Fans can catch the Knux at Lollapalooza this weekend; keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on their forthcoming sophomore LP!
Written by richard on 08/4/09
Submit your Rating
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.