For as long as the city of New Orleans has been rife with criminal activity, hometown rappers have documented it through their music (see No Limit and Cash Money empires). A new era in hip-hop, however, has brought a new sound from the Crescent City and a talented duo is ready to tell their story. Unlike the Lil’ Waynes or Master P’s, The Knux have chosen to draw their influences from the city’s blues heritage and showcase on Bang Bang. In addition to a gravely-voiced chorus, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream add some upbeat electric guitar-drum production (sounds like they’ve been drinking plenty of Cappuccino). Their Interscope debut, Remind Me In 3 Days, is expected to be released this fall.
Listen to More: The Knux
Written by Burmy on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.