For as long as the city of New Orleans has been rife with criminal activity, hometown rappers have documented it through their music (see No Limit and Cash Money empires). A new era in hip-hop, however, has brought a new sound from the Crescent City and a talented duo is ready to tell their story. Unlike the Lil’ Waynes or Master P’s, The Knux have chosen to draw their influences from the city’s blues heritage and showcase on Bang Bang. In addition to a gravely-voiced chorus, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream add some upbeat electric guitar-drum production (sounds like they’ve been drinking plenty of Cappuccino). Their Interscope debut, Remind Me In 3 Days, is expected to be released this fall.
Listen to More: The Knux Written by Burmy
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.