For as long as the city of New Orleans has been rife with criminal activity, hometown rappers have documented it through their music (see No Limit and Cash Money empires). A new era in hip-hop, however, has brought a new sound from the Crescent City and a talented duo is ready to tell their story. Unlike the Lil’ Waynes or Master P’s, The Knux have chosen to draw their influences from the city’s blues heritage and showcase on Bang Bang. In addition to a gravely-voiced chorus, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream add some upbeat electric guitar-drum production (sounds like they’ve been drinking plenty of Cappuccino). Their Interscope debut, Remind Me In 3 Days, is expected to be released this fall.
Written by Burmy on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)