For as long as the city of New Orleans has been rife with criminal activity, hometown rappers have documented it through their music (see No Limit and Cash Money empires). A new era in hip-hop, however, has brought a new sound from the Crescent City and a talented duo is ready to tell their story. Unlike the Lil’ Waynes or Master P’s, The Knux have chosen to draw their influences from the city’s blues heritage and showcase on Bang Bang. In addition to a gravely-voiced chorus, Rah Almillio and Krispy Kream add some upbeat electric guitar-drum production (sounds like they’ve been drinking plenty of Cappuccino). Their Interscope debut, Remind Me In 3 Days, is expected to be released this fall.
Listen to More: The Knux
Written by Burmy on 08/4/08
The Blank Factory
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)