One day, when you’re old and gray, you’ll boot up your head-mounted supercomputer (or brain implant, or whatever you use to navigate the Internet in the future), browse to The DJBooth and play The Knocks’ latest feature for your grandchildren. At least, that’s what the NYC beat crew is clearly hoping, as they’ve audaciously titled this new single “Classic.” Like their first feature, January EP cut Comfortable, this joint has a breezy, retro vibe that’s hard to resist. Funky guitar riffs, four-on-the-floor percussion and syncopated keyboard chords accompany guest vocalist Powers as she paints a rose-tinted picture of summer love. The Knocks’ debut set, ENDISCO is slated to drop this fall. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest singles and release details.
Written by richard on 08/7/14
Submit your Rating
Neon Gold Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.