Any day when we’re able to feature a new record from a reader-acclaimed rhymesayer is a good day in the Booth. When we get the opportunity to bring you a new cut co-headlined by two of your favorite site regulars, that’s a Very Good day. Similar in concept to Juelz Santana‘s recent Everything Is Good, this joint promo single sees DMV emcee Phil Adé (a freestyle series alum) and Bronx representative The Kid Daytona (ditto) linking up to celebrate all the fly sh*t in their lives, from the clothes they’re rocking, to the liquor they’re sipping, to the beautiful women on their arms. Izzy the Kid and Sarah J create an appropriately sunny instrumental backdrop for the twosome’s lyrical outpouring of positivity. Feeling it? While Phil and Daytona currently have no plans to release a larger collaborative project, that’s not to say a few rave reader reviews might not inspire them to step back into the studio together.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.