Any day when we’re able to feature a new record from a reader-acclaimed rhymesayer is a good day in the Booth. When we get the opportunity to bring you a new cut co-headlined by two of your favorite site regulars, that’s a Very Good day. Similar in concept to Juelz Santana‘s recent Everything Is Good, this joint promo single sees DMV emcee Phil Adé (a freestyle series alum) and Bronx representative The Kid Daytona (ditto) linking up to celebrate all the fly sh*t in their lives, from the clothes they’re rocking, to the liquor they’re sipping, to the beautiful women on their arms. Izzy the Kid and Sarah J create an appropriately sunny instrumental backdrop for the twosome’s lyrical outpouring of positivity. Feeling it? While Phil and Daytona currently have no plans to release a larger collaborative project, that’s not to say a few rave reader reviews might not inspire them to step back into the studio together.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.