True to his high-octane stage name, The Kid Daytona is an emcee who lives life in the fast lane. Just how fast is he, you may ask? Well, on his first Booth feature, the Bronx rapper bodies three different beats in the time it would take most emcees to blaze one. To be fair, mixtape cut The Body owes much of its white-knuckle feel to Ill Bomb‘s absolutely crazy boardwork—after a deceptively mellow beginning, his instrumental roars through the starting gate and doesn’t stop moving from there, swerving between dense videogame funk and minimalistic boom-bap before settling into a glittering, synth-heavy groove. Daytona hugs the curves, switching up his flow and subject matter to match the beatsmith’s every musical detour without breaking a sweat (he even raps a cappella on the back end). It’s pretty dizzying, but listeners with an open mind and a good pair of headphones will undoubtedly appreciate this cut’s creativity. Mick Boogie Presents: The Daytona 500 hits the ‘net May 5th, and on the 8th TKD will step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Listen to More: The Kid Daytona Written by richard
Jack Move Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.