True to his high-octane stage name, The Kid Daytona is an emcee who lives life in the fast lane. Just how fast is he, you may ask? Well, on his first Booth feature, the Bronx rapper bodies three different beats in the time it would take most emcees to blaze one. To be fair, mixtape cut The Body owes much of its white-knuckle feel to Ill Bomb‘s absolutely crazy boardwork—after a deceptively mellow beginning, his instrumental roars through the starting gate and doesn’t stop moving from there, swerving between dense videogame funk and minimalistic boom-bap before settling into a glittering, synth-heavy groove. Daytona hugs the curves, switching up his flow and subject matter to match the beatsmith’s every musical detour without breaking a sweat (he even raps a cappella on the back end). It’s pretty dizzying, but listeners with an open mind and a good pair of headphones will undoubtedly appreciate this cut’s creativity. Mick Boogie Presents: The Daytona 500 hits the ‘net May 5th, and on the 8th TKD will step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Listen to More: Daytona
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.