True to his high-octane stage name, The Kid Daytona is an emcee who lives life in the fast lane. Just how fast is he, you may ask? Well, on his first Booth feature, the Bronx rapper bodies three different beats in the time it would take most emcees to blaze one. To be fair, mixtape cut The Body owes much of its white-knuckle feel to Ill Bomb‘s absolutely crazy boardwork—after a deceptively mellow beginning, his instrumental roars through the starting gate and doesn’t stop moving from there, swerving between dense videogame funk and minimalistic boom-bap before settling into a glittering, synth-heavy groove. Daytona hugs the curves, switching up his flow and subject matter to match the beatsmith’s every musical detour without breaking a sweat (he even raps a cappella on the back end). It’s pretty dizzying, but listeners with an open mind and a good pair of headphones will undoubtedly appreciate this cut’s creativity. Mick Boogie Presents: The Daytona 500 hits the ‘net May 5th, and on the 8th TKD will step into the Booth for an exclusive freestyle.
Written by richard on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.