While the average rap fan may not know the name Peter Rosenberg (or at least the average rap fan outside of the greater New York City area), the University of Maryland alum has emerged as one of the leading voices of hip-hop, landing a host spot on Hot 97. It’s a gig that comes with certain perks; for example, when you’re putting together your own mixtape you can just call The Kid Daytona, ask him to contribute a track and boom, Summertime is being posted on DJBooth. Essentially a freestyle over one of the most recognized summer anthems ever, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince’s Summertime (which was actually produced by Hula & K. Fingers), Daytona’s take maintains the original’s good vibes, albeit with a slightly more street focus and UStream references. While anyone over the age of 20 will undoubtedly hear Will’s rhymes in their heads throughout, you can never have too much hip-hop in the Summertime. For more good times be sure to cop Rosenberg’s What’s Poppin Vol. 1: Summer mixtape, due to drop…wait for it…later this summer.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/30/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.