As a philosophy minor, I learned to challenge almost every theory using examples from the real world. So, naturally, when I heard Kid Daytona’s latest, I thought it could be a great argument against 18th century German philosopher Hegel’s notion that everything happens for a reason. While Hegel thought everything had a purpose and a reason for happening, Daytona is of the opinion that some things have rhyme but simply No Reason. Showcasing his unapologetic, grimy flow over a spacey, yet potent beat by 183rd Music, Daytona explains that, while some might rap for fame or fortune, his lack of a specific motivation for rocking the mic makes him considerably more dangerous than your average emcee. No Reason can be found on Daytona’s Runnin With The Bulls mixtape, due out on April 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
This past December, while performing in several cities throughout the Midwest, Booth regular The Kid Daytona met DJ/producer DJ Ozone. Sometime later, in a downtown hotel room in Chicago, the two had a discussion about the...
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.