As a philosophy minor, I learned to challenge almost every theory using examples from the real world. So, naturally, when I heard Kid Daytona’s latest, I thought it could be a great argument against 18th century German philosopher Hegel’s notion that everything happens for a reason. While Hegel thought everything had a purpose and a reason for happening, Daytona is of the opinion that some things have rhyme but simply No Reason. Showcasing his unapologetic, grimy flow over a spacey, yet potent beat by 183rd Music, Daytona explains that, while some might rap for fame or fortune, his lack of a specific motivation for rocking the mic makes him considerably more dangerous than your average emcee. No Reason can be found on Daytona’s Runnin With The Bulls mixtape, due out on April 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.