As a philosophy minor, I learned to challenge almost every theory using examples from the real world. So, naturally, when I heard Kid Daytona’s latest, I thought it could be a great argument against 18th century German philosopher Hegel’s notion that everything happens for a reason. While Hegel thought everything had a purpose and a reason for happening, Daytona is of the opinion that some things have rhyme but simply No Reason. Showcasing his unapologetic, grimy flow over a spacey, yet potent beat by 183rd Music, Daytona explains that, while some might rap for fame or fortune, his lack of a specific motivation for rocking the mic makes him considerably more dangerous than your average emcee. No Reason can be found on Daytona’s Runnin With The Bulls mixtape, due out on April 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.