As a philosophy minor, I learned to challenge almost every theory using examples from the real world. So, naturally, when I heard Kid Daytona’s latest, I thought it could be a great argument against 18th century German philosopher Hegel’s notion that everything happens for a reason. While Hegel thought everything had a purpose and a reason for happening, Daytona is of the opinion that some things have rhyme but simply No Reason. Showcasing his unapologetic, grimy flow over a spacey, yet potent beat by 183rd Music, Daytona explains that, while some might rap for fame or fortune, his lack of a specific motivation for rocking the mic makes him considerably more dangerous than your average emcee. No Reason can be found on Daytona’s Runnin With The Bulls mixtape, due out on April 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.