As a philosophy minor, I learned to challenge almost every theory using examples from the real world. So, naturally, when I heard Kid Daytona’s latest, I thought it could be a great argument against 18th century German philosopher Hegel’s notion that everything happens for a reason. While Hegel thought everything had a purpose and a reason for happening, Daytona is of the opinion that some things have rhyme but simply No Reason. Showcasing his unapologetic, grimy flow over a spacey, yet potent beat by 183rd Music, Daytona explains that, while some might rap for fame or fortune, his lack of a specific motivation for rocking the mic makes him considerably more dangerous than your average emcee. No Reason can be found on Daytona’s Runnin With The Bulls mixtape, due out on April 17.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.