Releasing a summertime love joint in the winter is somewhat curious on the surface, but as anybody knows, the winter time is the perfect time to boo somebody up. The colder temperatures and holidays are a little more enjoyable because somebody is there to share them with. Enter DJBooth Freestyle Series alum The Kid Daytona, who has released the latest cut from his Interlude II project, titled Love is Love, featuring Melanie Fiona and is production from 6th Sense. The cut is smooth and a slice of classic hip-hop in a world that sometimes seems to have forgotten what the true essence of hip-hop brings when it’s executed properly. The beat is wonderful and plays the perfect driving force for the beautiful voice of Fiona and the lyrical acrobatics of Daytona. This one definitely shows that the Kid is growing into a complete rapper that doesn’t just need to spit battle bars. Look out for Interlude II to drop later this month.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.