Releasing a summertime love joint in the winter is somewhat curious on the surface, but as anybody knows, the winter time is the perfect time to boo somebody up. The colder temperatures and holidays are a little more enjoyable because somebody is there to share them with. Enter DJBooth Freestyle Series alum The Kid Daytona, who has released the latest cut from his Interlude II project, titled Love is Love, featuring Melanie Fiona and is production from 6th Sense. The cut is smooth and a slice of classic hip-hop in a world that sometimes seems to have forgotten what the true essence of hip-hop brings when it’s executed properly. The beat is wonderful and plays the perfect driving force for the beautiful voice of Fiona and the lyrical acrobatics of Daytona. This one definitely shows that the Kid is growing into a complete rapper that doesn’t just need to spit battle bars. Look out for Interlude II to drop later this month.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.