Releasing a summertime love joint in the winter is somewhat curious on the surface, but as anybody knows, the winter time is the perfect time to boo somebody up. The colder temperatures and holidays are a little more enjoyable because somebody is there to share them with. Enter DJBooth Freestyle Series alum The Kid Daytona, who has released the latest cut from his Interlude II project, titled Love is Love, featuring Melanie Fiona and is production from 6th Sense. The cut is smooth and a slice of classic hip-hop in a world that sometimes seems to have forgotten what the true essence of hip-hop brings when it’s executed properly. The beat is wonderful and plays the perfect driving force for the beautiful voice of Fiona and the lyrical acrobatics of Daytona. This one definitely shows that the Kid is growing into a complete rapper that doesn’t just need to spit battle bars. Look out for Interlude II to drop later this month.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.