I am not a party animal, but I do enjoy the occasional night out. However, no matter what I’m doing, I’d never dream of staying out past one. Unlike The Kid Daytona, I am just not all about that Lavender Life. What exactly is the Lavender Life, you ask? Over the rich, velvety boardwork of producer Gizzle Beats, Daytona explains that the Lavender Life is when you party until dawn, when the sky takes on a purple-ish tint. In a rumbling, blunted flow, he gives us insight into what this particular lifestyle is all about, sharing stories from his current hotspots and name-dropping some of the legendary New York spaces he dreams of visiting. The mellow Lavender Life checks-in as the second single off Daytona’s forthcoming LP, Savoir Faire, set for release this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.