I am not a party animal, but I do enjoy the occasional night out. However, no matter what I’m doing, I’d never dream of staying out past one. Unlike The Kid Daytona, I am just not all about that Lavender Life. What exactly is the Lavender Life, you ask? Over the rich, velvety boardwork of producer Gizzle Beats, Daytona explains that the Lavender Life is when you party until dawn, when the sky takes on a purple-ish tint. In a rumbling, blunted flow, he gives us insight into what this particular lifestyle is all about, sharing stories from his current hotspots and name-dropping some of the legendary New York spaces he dreams of visiting. The mellow Lavender Life checks-in as the second single off Daytona’s forthcoming LP, Savoir Faire, set for release this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.