I am not a party animal, but I do enjoy the occasional night out. However, no matter what I’m doing, I’d never dream of staying out past one. Unlike The Kid Daytona, I am just not all about that Lavender Life. What exactly is the Lavender Life, you ask? Over the rich, velvety boardwork of producer Gizzle Beats, Daytona explains that the Lavender Life is when you party until dawn, when the sky takes on a purple-ish tint. In a rumbling, blunted flow, he gives us insight into what this particular lifestyle is all about, sharing stories from his current hotspots and name-dropping some of the legendary New York spaces he dreams of visiting. The mellow Lavender Life checks-in as the second single off Daytona’s forthcoming LP, Savoir Faire, set for release this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/19/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.