Maaaan…I wish I could rap. Real talk, I’d wanna spit like The Kid Daytona. The Freestyle Alum has been enforcing his flow on features all over the Booth and knows how to make an impact, particularly on his new release Ivory Coast Crime Scene with rap favorite Action Bronson. The two leave the East Coast to take listeners on a lyrical vacation to where the cash is bountiful and the ass is bouncing, making this a pleasant trip for any hip-hop hopeful. Rough in demeanor yet smooth in style, both Daytona and Bronson tag-team this island-esque production from 6th Sense as parts of the beat bring reminders of the AZ and Nas collabs. Either way, the match-up is masterful and would inspire anyone to step their storytelling game up. By the way the Kid is cranking out work, these rap cats need to put in a lot of overtime to catch this guy. Check Ivory Coast Crime Scene on Daytona’s upcoming project, Interlude II, set to be released on December 19.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 11/30/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)