Maaaan…I wish I could rap. Real talk, I’d wanna spit like The Kid Daytona. The Freestyle Alum has been enforcing his flow on features all over the Booth and knows how to make an impact, particularly on his new release Ivory Coast Crime Scene with rap favorite Action Bronson. The two leave the East Coast to take listeners on a lyrical vacation to where the cash is bountiful and the ass is bouncing, making this a pleasant trip for any hip-hop hopeful. Rough in demeanor yet smooth in style, both Daytona and Bronson tag-team this island-esque production from 6th Sense as parts of the beat bring reminders of the AZ and Nas collabs. Either way, the match-up is masterful and would inspire anyone to step their storytelling game up. By the way the Kid is cranking out work, these rap cats need to put in a lot of overtime to catch this guy. Check Ivory Coast Crime Scene on Daytona’s upcoming project, Interlude II, set to be released on December 19.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 11/30/11
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.