Artists have been known to draw song inspiration from the oddest of places and the most unexpected of people, but that isn’t the case for Bronx native The Kid Daytona and his latest cut. Fresh off the release of August’s, Booth-hosted Summer Games: The Kid with the Golden Pen, the Freestyle Series alum was inspired to pen his latest record in honor of former NBA All-Star and Hall of Famer George “The Ice Man” Gervin. Fittingly titled Ice Man, the record finds the emcee swapping bars with fellow emcee Smoke DZA as the coupling of artists partake in a little self-assured lyricism. Production from Matt MLB keeps Ice Man heavily head-nod-worthy as the beatsmith pairs vibrant bass with mellow strings. Although The Kid Daytona’s latest offering isn’t attached to any larger project, his last mixtape is still available for free stream and download on The DJBooth.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.