We all have our fare share of travel horror stories, but none might rival The Kid Daytona’s recent travel nightmare. On a trip home from Europe this past summer, Daytona arrived Stateside to find out that his airline had lost his luggage. They hadn’t lost the bag with his kicks and jeans, though. No, they lost the bag that contained a hard drive with a boatload of new music on it. Thankfully, several months later, the bag was found and the New York emcee’s hard drive was returned safe and sound. This news should cause fans of Daytona’s music should rejoice, since it would have been quite a shame if Hollands (I Made It), the lead single off his appropriately titled Lost Luggage EP, had never seen the light of day. Hollands (I Made It) features a crisp Xtreme produced beat, which meshes with veteran singer Raheem DeVaughn’s smooth vocals, giving this song a distinct vintage sound. Adding to the nostalgic vibe is Daytona, who reflects on his upbringing and how far he has come. If you dig this (and how could you not?), then be sure to download Lost Luggage EP, which is scheduled to arrive for takeoff on Wednesday, November 28.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/21/12
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.