Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Hilary Swank? Hilary Duff? Saint Hilary of Arleas? After listening to The Kid Daytona‘s new EP single twice through, I’m still not sure whom the title refers to. Regardless, she must be one hell of a woman to have inspired a record this smooth, sophisticated and luxurious. Here, Just Music Beats’ swanky, flute-laced sample work backs the Bronx representative as he describes the daily activities that make up his high-rolling lifestyle, from jet-setting to distant lands to copping clothes on Melrose Avenue. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Hilary and many more fresh cuts on Daytona’s Savoir Faire EP, a collaboration with French clothing brand Space Monkeys. Keep it locked for further singles leading up to the set’s projected release in October.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Kid Daytona’s Christophe Leyton-directed Hilary visual.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.