Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Hilary Swank? Hilary Duff? Saint Hilary of Arleas? After listening to The Kid Daytona‘s new EP single twice through, I’m still not sure whom the title refers to. Regardless, she must be one hell of a woman to have inspired a record this smooth, sophisticated and luxurious. Here, Just Music Beats’ swanky, flute-laced sample work backs the Bronx representative as he describes the daily activities that make up his high-rolling lifestyle, from jet-setting to distant lands to copping clothes on Melrose Avenue. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Hilary and many more fresh cuts on Daytona’s Savoir Faire EP, a collaboration with French clothing brand Space Monkeys. Keep it locked for further singles leading up to the set’s projected release in October.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Kid Daytona’s Christophe Leyton-directed Hilary visual.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.