On The Kid Daytona‘s recently-released Daytona 500 mixtape, hip-hop lovers got to watch the artist assemble the flying machine he would ultimately use to take them on the musical journey of a lifetime. And, fortunately for passengers who like to get high while they get high, smoking in the cabin is not only allowed but highly encouraged. LP cut Air Born, recently leaked via Daytona’s Twitter, finds the Bronx up-and-comer teaming up with guest emcee extraordinaire Bun B to take listeners on a red-eye flight into deepest space, coasting over Booth-approved beatsmith 6th Sense‘s woozy blend of low-frequency steel drums, flanged guitar riffs, and jazz-organ accents. Though this track has a much more sedate vibe than either the emcee’s borderline-manic Booth debut or the exclusive freestyle that followed, both Daytona and his big-name copilot pack their verses with enough blunted wordplay and pop-culture references to entertain even the soberest of listeners. If this spaced-out cut’s piqued your interest, start packing your bags—Come Fly With Me is set to depart later this month.
Written by richard on 06/24/09
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)