The Kid Daytona has a well-publicized taste for haute couture, but that doesn’t mean he can’t appreciate a quality pair of Blue Jeans. Coming on the heels of this month’s Damier Suitcases, the Bronx repper’s latest mixtape single is down-to-Earth in comparison to its jet-setting predecessor. Nonetheless, the artist’s trademark high-rolling swagger drips from every bar. 1up World establishes a moody vibe behind the boards, flipping a sample from Lana Del Rey‘s cut of the same title as Daytona touts his Polo shirts and offshore bank accounts in fast-paced, braggadocious verses. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the SPMK-presented Savoir Faire LP, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Submit your Rating
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.