The Kid Daytona has a well-publicized taste for haute couture, but that doesn’t mean he can’t appreciate a quality pair of Blue Jeans. Coming on the heels of this month’s Damier Suitcases, the Bronx repper’s latest mixtape single is down-to-Earth in comparison to its jet-setting predecessor. Nonetheless, the artist’s trademark high-rolling swagger drips from every bar. 1up World establishes a moody vibe behind the boards, flipping a sample from Lana Del Rey‘s cut of the same title as Daytona touts his Polo shirts and offshore bank accounts in fast-paced, braggadocious verses. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the SPMK-presented Savoir Faire LP, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, October 29.
Written by richard on 10/15/13
Surf School Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Your Clothes Off ft. The Kid Daytona" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)