Don’t approve of the path MGK‘s taken in the game? Well, tough—the Cleveland fast-riser hasn’t made it to where he is today by giving a damn what anybody else thinks. On a newly-leaked standout off Forest City beat crew The Kickdrums’ latest full-length, Kelly takes the opportunity to trumpet his utter disregard for anything and everything that gets in the way of his chosen lifestyle. Doesn’t his devil-may-care attitude interfere with personal relationships, you ask? Well, yeah—but, as the freestyle series alum proceeds to explain over the headliners’ catchy, rock-infused boardwork, his enjoyment of Mary Jane more than makes up for any intimacy he may lack: “Love sucks like the women in my life do / Couple words, then it’s over like a haiku / But f*ck it – three ho(l)es in an apple makes a pipe / Let’s get higher than we did back in high school.” Complete with a hook borrowed from Billy Joel’s similarly-titled 1978 hit, My Life, this head-noddable ode to self sufficiency is just one of many bangers to be found on The Kickdrums’ Follow the Leaders tape, released Tuesday via LiveMixtapes.com. Additionally, fans can hear more from MGK on his new Half Naked and Almost Famous, available for digital purchase as of March 20.
Written by richard on 04/4/12
Submit your Rating
Kickdrums Muzik Ent., LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Game" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.