Sometimes when an artist or group puts out an album, as the music begins to age, they become consumed with thoughts of what they could have done differently. This seems to be the atmosphere that has taken over The Kickdrums as they decided to remix their song Colors from their album Meet Your Ghost. This particular remix is more about addition than it is about deconstruction as they add a verse from Chicago’s GLC, which reaches backwards to their Midwestern hip-hop roots. The original track itself is a fantastic electro indie rock jam, but with the addition of GLC’s verse, the song goes in a direction that will make the standard hip-hop fan pleased while still allowing the hipsters to enjoy the 808 bass drum break down. As genres continue to merge and music moves further into a post-genre world, remixed records like Colors will become more common place and enjoyed by the masses. If you’re feeling this re-creation be sure to check out a full stream of Meet Your Ghost right here.
Written by JC Poppe on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
Kickdrums Muzik Ent., LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Just A Game" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.