Everybody, remain calm—this is a musical stickup. Rather than walking away with your money, however, Los Angeles funk-soul ensemble The KAJ simply want to enjoy the beauty of bodies in motion; thus, on their first Booth feature and latest single, they reverse the usual formula, shouting, “SomeBody Move, and nobody gets hurt!” DJ Anas Canon mans the boards on this hip-swiveling selection, serving up a brassy live-band instrumental as he, Kumasi SImmons and Joel Van Dijk exhort listeners (especially well-built females) to step out onto the floor. Feeling it? More awaits on The Sounds of Making Love, available in stores and online as of May 2011.
Written by richard on 07/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sounds of Making Love" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.