It’s been a rough past
decade for the New York Knicks, unless your idea of a good time is watching Isiah Thomas run one of the NBA’s proudest franchises into the ground. But the team still holds a place in New Yorkers hearts, and a new crew of ballers led by Amare and Melo are giving the city Something 2 Believe in. Returning the favor is NYC native and uniquely named emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare, who provides Madison Square Garden a new fourth quarter comeback anthem with his new single. Producer Tiger-VS-Cobra (yep, that’s his name) crafts a stadium sized beat for Believe, adding a symphony worth of strings over a crunching percussion line. It’s the inspirational fuel Shake needs to drop rhymes sure to get the crowd on its feet without abandoning some more light hearted nerd references (word to Star Fleet and Soul Caliber). Throw in a perfectly delivered hook from Sophia Lauren and you’ve got a cut worthy of Amare and crew – now if they could only land Chris Paul. Hey, we all need something to believe in, right?
Written by Nathan S. on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.