It’s been a rough past
decade for the New York Knicks, unless your idea of a good time is watching Isiah Thomas run one of the NBA’s proudest franchises into the ground. But the team still holds a place in New Yorkers hearts, and a new crew of ballers led by Amare and Melo are giving the city Something 2 Believe in. Returning the favor is NYC native and uniquely named emcee The Incomparable Shakespeare, who provides Madison Square Garden a new fourth quarter comeback anthem with his new single. Producer Tiger-VS-Cobra (yep, that’s his name) crafts a stadium sized beat for Believe, adding a symphony worth of strings over a crunching percussion line. It’s the inspirational fuel Shake needs to drop rhymes sure to get the crowd on its feet without abandoning some more light hearted nerd references (word to Star Fleet and Soul Caliber). Throw in a perfectly delivered hook from Sophia Lauren and you’ve got a cut worthy of Amare and crew – now if they could only land Chris Paul. Hey, we all need something to believe in, right?
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare
Written by Nathan S. on 12/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.