A true emcee is a real piece of work. “How noble in mission, how infinite in creativity, in lyrics and swagger, how express and admirable.” The preceding quote, that Hamlet said with irony, I now adapt with pure conviction, as today an underground rapper by the name of The Incomparable Shakespeare brings his New York Swagger to the Booth. Continuing in the tradition of fellow borough-bred lyricists like Biggie, Jay-Z, Papoose, and Maino (sounding most like the latter), Shakes obviously loves being from the Big Apple, though he’s “not trying to bring New York Back/just personality back to New York rap.” Those who love the old-school should be happy about The Protractorz’ beat, which brings some new life to a stale topic. To cop, or not to cop? That should be an easy question for fans to answer, once The Incredible Shakespeare’s debut album, Shakespearean Premier, is released.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.