A true emcee is a real piece of work. “How noble in mission, how infinite in creativity, in lyrics and swagger, how express and admirable.” The preceding quote, that Hamlet said with irony, I now adapt with pure conviction, as today an underground rapper by the name of The Incomparable Shakespeare brings his New York Swagger to the Booth. Continuing in the tradition of fellow borough-bred lyricists like Biggie, Jay-Z, Papoose, and Maino (sounding most like the latter), Shakes obviously loves being from the Big Apple, though he’s “not trying to bring New York Back/just personality back to New York rap.” Those who love the old-school should be happy about The Protractorz’ beat, which brings some new life to a stale topic. To cop, or not to cop? That should be an easy question for fans to answer, once The Incredible Shakespeare’s debut album, Shakespearean Premier, is released.
Written by Burmy on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.