A true emcee is a real piece of work. “How noble in mission, how infinite in creativity, in lyrics and swagger, how express and admirable.” The preceding quote, that Hamlet said with irony, I now adapt with pure conviction, as today an underground rapper by the name of The Incomparable Shakespeare brings his New York Swagger to the Booth. Continuing in the tradition of fellow borough-bred lyricists like Biggie, Jay-Z, Papoose, and Maino (sounding most like the latter), Shakes obviously loves being from the Big Apple, though he’s “not trying to bring New York Back/just personality back to New York rap.” Those who love the old-school should be happy about The Protractorz’ beat, which brings some new life to a stale topic. To cop, or not to cop? That should be an easy question for fans to answer, once The Incredible Shakespeare’s debut album, Shakespearean Premier, is released.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare
Written by Burmy on 10/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.