A true emcee is a real piece of work. “How noble in mission, how infinite in creativity, in lyrics and swagger, how express and admirable.” The preceding quote, that Hamlet said with irony, I now adapt with pure conviction, as today an underground rapper by the name of The Incomparable Shakespeare brings his New York Swagger to the Booth. Continuing in the tradition of fellow borough-bred lyricists like Biggie, Jay-Z, Papoose, and Maino (sounding most like the latter), Shakes obviously loves being from the Big Apple, though he’s “not trying to bring New York Back/just personality back to New York rap.” Those who love the old-school should be happy about The Protractorz’ beat, which brings some new life to a stale topic. To cop, or not to cop? That should be an easy question for fans to answer, once The Incredible Shakespeare’s debut album, Shakespearean Premier, is released.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!