A true emcee is a real piece of work. “How noble in mission, how infinite in creativity, in lyrics and swagger, how express and admirable.” The preceding quote, that Hamlet said with irony, I now adapt with pure conviction, as today an underground rapper by the name of The Incomparable Shakespeare brings his New York Swagger to the Booth. Continuing in the tradition of fellow borough-bred lyricists like Biggie, Jay-Z, Papoose, and Maino (sounding most like the latter), Shakes obviously loves being from the Big Apple, though he’s “not trying to bring New York Back/just personality back to New York rap.” Those who love the old-school should be happy about The Protractorz’ beat, which brings some new life to a stale topic. To cop, or not to cop? That should be an easy question for fans to answer, once The Incredible Shakespeare’s debut album, Shakespearean Premier, is released.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare
Written by Burmy on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.