Next week, The Incomparable Shakespeare will be unleashing a brand new LP via his very own Shake Ink label. To stir up a little extra pre-release buzz for the indie full-length, the NYC underground mainstay has liberated its pseudo-title track, By Any Dream. Though he refers to the record as a freestyle, that seems a little too modest; his rhymes here are as complex and well-composed as ever. Over appropriately dreamy, keyboard-led boardwork by Silver, the producer behind his Booth-hosted British Invasion tape, Shake expresses discontent with the unoriginal jams crowding mainstream radio, and positions himself as the antidote to stale hip-hop. On the back, he pats himself on the back for a few recent accomplishments: “Funkmaster Flex tweeted my record… N**ga I’m doin’ it right now, I crushed SOB’s for Hot 97.” For this cut, previous single Franklin Jackson and much more, cop By Any Dreams Necessary when it hits online retailers on Tuesday, January 14.
Written by richard on 01/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.