Upon reading the title Affirmative Action, I immediately though of The Firm’s classic drug-dealing single. Booth newcomers The Immortals Project, which has a “rotating membership” that currently consists of beatsmith Duplicuts and veteran emcee El Da Sensei, have made me forget all about The Firm with their equally uneasy tune. The cut’s gritty, hard-nosed approach is established by Diplicuts edgy, clacking production and is matched by EL Da Sensei’s punch-you-in-the-mouth flow. The track itself, which is not over-produced, gives the veteran emcee’s brash, assertive bars an extra kick. There is no word on more work from The Immortals Project, but with an interesting concept on display, expect to hear more very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.