Upon reading the title Affirmative Action, I immediately though of The Firm’s classic drug-dealing single. Booth newcomers The Immortals Project, which has a “rotating membership” that currently consists of beatsmith Duplicuts and veteran emcee El Da Sensei, have made me forget all about The Firm with their equally uneasy tune. The cut’s gritty, hard-nosed approach is established by Diplicuts edgy, clacking production and is matched by EL Da Sensei’s punch-you-in-the-mouth flow. The track itself, which is not over-produced, gives the veteran emcee’s brash, assertive bars an extra kick. There is no word on more work from The Immortals Project, but with an interesting concept on display, expect to hear more very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)