Upon reading the title Affirmative Action, I immediately though of The Firm’s classic drug-dealing single. Booth newcomers The Immortals Project, which has a “rotating membership” that currently consists of beatsmith Duplicuts and veteran emcee El Da Sensei, have made me forget all about The Firm with their equally uneasy tune. The cut’s gritty, hard-nosed approach is established by Diplicuts edgy, clacking production and is matched by EL Da Sensei’s punch-you-in-the-mouth flow. The track itself, which is not over-produced, gives the veteran emcee’s brash, assertive bars an extra kick. There is no word on more work from The Immortals Project, but with an interesting concept on display, expect to hear more very soon.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.