Upon reading the title Affirmative Action, I immediately though of The Firm’s classic drug-dealing single. Booth newcomers The Immortals Project, which has a “rotating membership” that currently consists of beatsmith Duplicuts and veteran emcee El Da Sensei, have made me forget all about The Firm with their equally uneasy tune. The cut’s gritty, hard-nosed approach is established by Diplicuts edgy, clacking production and is matched by EL Da Sensei’s punch-you-in-the-mouth flow. The track itself, which is not over-produced, gives the veteran emcee’s brash, assertive bars an extra kick. There is no word on more work from The Immortals Project, but with an interesting concept on display, expect to hear more very soon.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!