Upon reading the title Affirmative Action, I immediately though of The Firm’s classic drug-dealing single. Booth newcomers The Immortals Project, which has a “rotating membership” that currently consists of beatsmith Duplicuts and veteran emcee El Da Sensei, have made me forget all about The Firm with their equally uneasy tune. The cut’s gritty, hard-nosed approach is established by Diplicuts edgy, clacking production and is matched by EL Da Sensei’s punch-you-in-the-mouth flow. The track itself, which is not over-produced, gives the veteran emcee’s brash, assertive bars an extra kick. There is no word on more work from The Immortals Project, but with an interesting concept on display, expect to hear more very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.