Since I’ll be without internet for the next 8 days (I know, crazy, right?) I’ve been carefully stockpiling my hard drive with enough music to survive the harsh conditions sans DJBooth. Thankfully The ILLZ has another record to add to his resume, and my collection, with an In Between Us (Remix). While ILLZ has the ability to throw down on some harder songs (if you haven’t checked Cover Me yet, do yourself a favor and take a listen), here he takes time to slow things down. It’s nothing less than impressive in the way he switches his game up, this time over a somber melody produced by Daughter Darling. This is the first of a four part story in collaboration with Kristopher Rey-Talley based around his full length release of his The Pursuit LP. I don’t see any slowing down for the talented unsigned emcee, and if you feel the same keep a lookout for more from ILLZ here at the Booth.
Written by Sigurd on 06/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.