Though The ILLZ’ forthcoming street album depicts him in his Darkest Hour, that’s far from the whole story; as the Jersey emcee reminds us on the latest single off the project (premiered yesterday at TheMusicNinja.com), even the longest, bleakest night of the soul is followed by the dawning of A New Day. As usual, production inspiration comes courtesy of a source far from the rap mainstream; beatsmith Parlay incorporates elements from Everything But the Girl’s hazy Before Today into his pulsing electronic grooves. ILLZ is as candid and creative as ever on the lyrical tip, reaffirming his dedication to the hustle as well as updating us on his ongoing search for that special girl. After months with on drop date, The Darkest Hour is finally on track for release November 13—but those who simply can’t wait can still request an advance copy via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)