Though The ILLZ’ forthcoming street album depicts him in his Darkest Hour, that’s far from the whole story; as the Jersey emcee reminds us on the latest single off the project (premiered yesterday at TheMusicNinja.com), even the longest, bleakest night of the soul is followed by the dawning of A New Day. As usual, production inspiration comes courtesy of a source far from the rap mainstream; beatsmith Parlay incorporates elements from Everything But the Girl’s hazy Before Today into his pulsing electronic grooves. ILLZ is as candid and creative as ever on the lyrical tip, reaffirming his dedication to the hustle as well as updating us on his ongoing search for that special girl. After months with on drop date, The Darkest Hour is finally on track for release November 13—but those who simply can’t wait can still request an advance copy via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.