Being a producer isn’t easy. If you don’t find an emcee to do your work justice no one hears it the product of your blood, sweat and tears. No wonder more and more beat makers are taking matters into their own
mics. Case in point; GTW’s August. Originally intended for fellow DMV native Phil Ade, the versatile producer decided instead to get his Bo Jackson on and pull double duty, and the results were (obviously) good enough to earn him a first feature on the Booth. Befitting a man who makes his living behind the board’s August’s beat is cooler than a polar bear’s toe nails, sprawling across the track and anchored only by a solid percussion line. If a beat like that sounds like the perfect canvas to paint a picture of heartbreak and longing on GTW agrees, filling the verses and hook with bars that hover between singing, rapping and spoken word. The summer days are winding down, but I don’t think it’s too late to add August to your summer drive with the windows down playlist – a playlist you can supplement with GTW’s solo project Sublime...whenever it drops.
Main Vocals By: The GTW.
Background Vocals: Lili K.
Produced by: The GTW
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.