Being a producer isn’t easy. If you don’t find an emcee to do your work justice no one hears it the product of your blood, sweat and tears. No wonder more and more beat makers are taking matters into their own
mics. Case in point; GTW’s August. Originally intended for fellow DMV native Phil Ade, the versatile producer decided instead to get his Bo Jackson on and pull double duty, and the results were (obviously) good enough to earn him a first feature on the Booth. Befitting a man who makes his living behind the board’s August’s beat is cooler than a polar bear’s toe nails, sprawling across the track and anchored only by a solid percussion line. If a beat like that sounds like the perfect canvas to paint a picture of heartbreak and longing on GTW agrees, filling the verses and hook with bars that hover between singing, rapping and spoken word. The summer days are winding down, but I don’t think it’s too late to add August to your summer drive with the windows down playlist – a playlist you can supplement with GTW’s solo project Sublime...whenever it drops.
Main Vocals By: The GTW.
Background Vocals: Lili K.
Produced by: The GTW
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.