Being a producer isn’t easy. If you don’t find an emcee to do your work justice no one hears it the product of your blood, sweat and tears. No wonder more and more beat makers are taking matters into their own
mics. Case in point; GTW’s August. Originally intended for fellow DMV native Phil Ade, the versatile producer decided instead to get his Bo Jackson on and pull double duty, and the results were (obviously) good enough to earn him a first feature on the Booth. Befitting a man who makes his living behind the board’s August’s beat is cooler than a polar bear’s toe nails, sprawling across the track and anchored only by a solid percussion line. If a beat like that sounds like the perfect canvas to paint a picture of heartbreak and longing on GTW agrees, filling the verses and hook with bars that hover between singing, rapping and spoken word. The summer days are winding down, but I don’t think it’s too late to add August to your summer drive with the windows down playlist – a playlist you can supplement with GTW’s solo project Sublime...whenever it drops.
Main Vocals By: The GTW.
Background Vocals: Lili K.
Produced by: The GTW
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.