In search of a fresh record to round out your jogging playlist? The Grouch and Eligh have you covered. Though new promo single Run is technically about forward momentum in the figurative sense, the title can just as well be interpreted literally, thanks to the powerful rhythmic pulse at the heart of Eligh’s production. Over his collaborative partner’s energizing, rock-infused beat, Grouch delivers upbeat bars chronicling his everyday hustle to succeed. Pigeon John, a Los Angeles buzzmaker previously heard lending his flow to The Opus‘s Up & Away, kicks the intensity up a notch in his tenacious middle 16. Director Matt Hobbs‘s picturesque visuals round out the package. Run isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can download a copy of the record free of charge from Grouch and Eligh’s official site.
Written by richard on 10/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.