In search of a fresh record to round out your jogging playlist? The Grouch and Eligh have you covered. Though new promo single Run is technically about forward momentum in the figurative sense, the title can just as well be interpreted literally, thanks to the powerful rhythmic pulse at the heart of Eligh’s production. Over his collaborative partner’s energizing, rock-infused beat, Grouch delivers upbeat bars chronicling his everyday hustle to succeed. Pigeon John, a Los Angeles buzzmaker previously heard lending his flow to The Opus‘s Up & Away, kicks the intensity up a notch in his tenacious middle 16. Director Matt Hobbs‘s picturesque visuals round out the package. Run isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can download a copy of the record free of charge from Grouch and Eligh’s official site.
Written by richard on 10/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.