In search of a fresh record to round out your jogging playlist? The Grouch and Eligh have you covered. Though new promo single Run is technically about forward momentum in the figurative sense, the title can just as well be interpreted literally, thanks to the powerful rhythmic pulse at the heart of Eligh’s production. Over his collaborative partner’s energizing, rock-infused beat, Grouch delivers upbeat bars chronicling his everyday hustle to succeed. Pigeon John, a Los Angeles buzzmaker previously heard lending his flow to The Opus‘s Up & Away, kicks the intensity up a notch in his tenacious middle 16. Director Matt Hobbs‘s picturesque visuals round out the package. Run isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can download a copy of the record free of charge from Grouch and Eligh’s official site.
Written by richard on 10/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)