Milk and cookies, peanut butter and jelly, The Grouch & Eligh; sometimes the best things come in pairs. Though they don’t always work together, Grouch and Eligh have been longtime collaborators and have released their fair share of projects together. Their most recent project, The Tortoise and the Crow, is where their latest video single, Fireflies, originates. Starkey provides the layered, emotional boardwork, which finds Eligh stepping up to the mic first and blessing listeners with his unwavering flow. After a potent hook from guest Steve Knight, Grouch rounds out the record with his crisp approach, helping to keep the momentum going from start to finish. For more dopeness from the duo, grab The Tortoise and the Crow, out now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.