Last seen offering lyrical support to Zion I on September 2012 single We Don’t, Eligh & The Grouch return to the Booth with All These Lights, a new promo single and their first co-headlining feature on our pages. A collaboration with Pretty Lights, this cut finds the Colorado-based electronic musician crafting a fractured blues backdrop for bars dedicated to the Bay Area. But the record itself is only half the story; created in collaboration with directors Sean Michael Williams and Gus Winkelman and social media startup Hubtuit, the record’s official visuals showcase a new style of editing called “lyric-lapsing,” which draws on both time-lapse and stop-motion techniques. The result is one of the most mesmerizing sets of visuals I’ve seen in a hot minute. All These Lights isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from G&E in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.