Last seen offering lyrical support to Zion I on September 2012 single We Don’t, Eligh & The Grouch return to the Booth with All These Lights, a new promo single and their first co-headlining feature on our pages. A collaboration with Pretty Lights, this cut finds the Colorado-based electronic musician crafting a fractured blues backdrop for bars dedicated to the Bay Area. But the record itself is only half the story; created in collaboration with directors Sean Michael Williams and Gus Winkelman and social media startup Hubtuit, the record’s official visuals showcase a new style of editing called “lyric-lapsing,” which draws on both time-lapse and stop-motion techniques. The result is one of the most mesmerizing sets of visuals I’ve seen in a hot minute. All These Lights isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from G&E in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here I Am" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.