Last time we heard of The Goodness it was in the form of a pretty nicely crafted EP from the likes of Booth professionals Marion Write and DJ Finyl. While the duo is still the Perfect Formula for dope music, they’ve reverted back to their original name, The Greater Good (and, not surprisingly, still making good tunes). Their re-release of the EP has brought the group back together for a strictly instrumental take on the project, accompanies by new bonus single Tried Being Humble. Backed by guest accompaniment from label mates Nique and Radio Ramone, the song features raw production from Finyl that’s as nice as the wordplay from Marion. There’s nothing here to deny that The GG is still a force to be reckoned with, or to make me want to check out the re-release any less. If you’re also giving a **** less, show some love when their newest project (including two new bonus instrumentals) drops down at our brother site, RefinedHype, next Tuesday, May 31.
Written by Sigurd on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
Flo Deep Music Group, LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm in Love" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.