There are countless factors that go into a party’s success or failure, many of which are simply a matter of luck; who ultimately shows up, whether the cops bring festivities to an early end, and whether inebriated guests throw up in the proper receptacles are all matters decided by fate. One thing you can control, though, is the music playing in the background. If the Utopian House Party had a soundtrack, it would most definitely feature the Booth debut and latest promo single from Friday Harbor, Washington crew The Good Husbands. Here, beatsmith Hakan Mavruk‘s light, summery boardwork backs SAT, T-Hart, Lingo and Riv as they outline their perfect day, taking detours to reflect on the importance of hustling hard and following one’s dreams. Wave + Bird direct the joint’s official visuals. Fans can cop this record as part of DJ Smiles’ The State of the Come Up, Vol. 1 compilation, released to the ‘net back in January.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.