There are countless factors that go into a party’s success or failure, many of which are simply a matter of luck; who ultimately shows up, whether the cops bring festivities to an early end, and whether inebriated guests throw up in the proper receptacles are all matters decided by fate. One thing you can control, though, is the music playing in the background. If the Utopian House Party had a soundtrack, it would most definitely feature the Booth debut and latest promo single from Friday Harbor, Washington crew The Good Husbands. Here, beatsmith Hakan Mavruk‘s light, summery boardwork backs SAT, T-Hart, Lingo and Riv as they outline their perfect day, taking detours to reflect on the importance of hustling hard and following one’s dreams. Wave + Bird direct the joint’s official visuals. Fans can cop this record as part of DJ Smiles’ The State of the Come Up, Vol. 1 compilation, released to the ‘net back in January.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.