There are countless factors that go into a party’s success or failure, many of which are simply a matter of luck; who ultimately shows up, whether the cops bring festivities to an early end, and whether inebriated guests throw up in the proper receptacles are all matters decided by fate. One thing you can control, though, is the music playing in the background. If the Utopian House Party had a soundtrack, it would most definitely feature the Booth debut and latest promo single from Friday Harbor, Washington crew The Good Husbands. Here, beatsmith Hakan Mavruk‘s light, summery boardwork backs SAT, T-Hart, Lingo and Riv as they outline their perfect day, taking detours to reflect on the importance of hustling hard and following one’s dreams. Wave + Bird direct the joint’s official visuals. Fans can cop this record as part of DJ Smiles’ The State of the Come Up, Vol. 1 compilation, released to the ‘net back in January.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.