While the Urbandictionary entry for “THOT” indicates that the Chicago slang term (an acronym for “That Hoe out There” or “Thirsty Hoe out There”) has been around since at least 2012, all signs point to 2014 being its breakout year on the national scene. The fact that Game‘s borrowed it for the title of his latest single, of course, doesn’t hurt its prospects for mainstream adoption. Released on Thursday by DJ SKEE, this joint sees the L.A. mainstay engaging in some braggadocious locker room banter with a few talented homies. Over League of Starz‘s off-the-cuff production, based around little more than a wordless vocal sample and a whip-ready percussion rhythm, the headliner trades verses with Harlem newcomer Huddy and fellow West Coast reppers Problem and Bad Lucc. THOT isn’t part of a larger set, but those left craving more are encouraged to check out Game’s guest contribution to Elijah Blake‘s last feature, Sing for Me.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.