While the Urbandictionary entry for “THOT” indicates that the Chicago slang term (an acronym for “That Hoe out There” or “Thirsty Hoe out There”) has been around since at least 2012, all signs point to 2014 being its breakout year on the national scene. The fact that Game‘s borrowed it for the title of his latest single, of course, doesn’t hurt its prospects for mainstream adoption. Released on Thursday by DJ SKEE, this joint sees the L.A. mainstay engaging in some braggadocious locker room banter with a few talented homies. Over League of Starz‘s off-the-cuff production, based around little more than a wordless vocal sample and a whip-ready percussion rhythm, the headliner trades verses with Harlem newcomer Huddy and fellow West Coast reppers Problem and Bad Lucc. THOT isn’t part of a larger set, but those left craving more are encouraged to check out Game’s guest contribution to Elijah Blake‘s last feature, Sing for Me.
Written by richard on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.