In the three short days since news of Michael Jackson‘s untimely passing shocked fans across the globe, just about everything that could be said about the icon’s life, career and legacy has been said; to make a long story short, the man influenced everyone, from all the kids who attempted (quite unsuccessfully, in my case) to moonwalk in their parents’ basements to every pop musician who hit the scene after him. The Game, of course, is no exception, and on newly-released tribute record Better On The Other Side (premiered by DJ Skee on Friday morning), the L.A.X. emcee joins forces with a few of the biggest names in urban music to explain just how much MJ meant to him. R&B singer Chris Brown, Bad Boy mogul Diddy, and high-profile producer Polow Da Don each step up to the mic to pay homage to the legend over DJ Khalil‘s somber piano chords, and sampled contributions from Mario Winans, Usher, and Boyz II Men serve as further reminders of the singer’s far-reaching impact. It’s sincere, touching, and liable to leave MJ devotees a little teary-eyed—if you’re having trouble shaking off those blues, may I recommend this?
Written by richard on 06/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.