In the three short days since news of Michael Jackson‘s untimely passing shocked fans across the globe, just about everything that could be said about the icon’s life, career and legacy has been said; to make a long story short, the man influenced everyone, from all the kids who attempted (quite unsuccessfully, in my case) to moonwalk in their parents’ basements to every pop musician who hit the scene after him. The Game, of course, is no exception, and on newly-released tribute record Better On The Other Side (premiered by DJ Skee on Friday morning), the L.A.X. emcee joins forces with a few of the biggest names in urban music to explain just how much MJ meant to him. R&B singer Chris Brown, Bad Boy mogul Diddy, and high-profile producer Polow Da Don each step up to the mic to pay homage to the legend over DJ Khalil‘s somber piano chords, and sampled contributions from Mario Winans, Usher, and Boyz II Men serve as further reminders of the singer’s far-reaching impact. It’s sincere, touching, and liable to leave MJ devotees a little teary-eyed—if you’re having trouble shaking off those blues, may I recommend this?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.