In the three short days since news of Michael Jackson‘s untimely passing shocked fans across the globe, just about everything that could be said about the icon’s life, career and legacy has been said; to make a long story short, the man influenced everyone, from all the kids who attempted (quite unsuccessfully, in my case) to moonwalk in their parents’ basements to every pop musician who hit the scene after him. The Game, of course, is no exception, and on newly-released tribute record Better On The Other Side (premiered by DJ Skee on Friday morning), the L.A.X. emcee joins forces with a few of the biggest names in urban music to explain just how much MJ meant to him. R&B singer Chris Brown, Bad Boy mogul Diddy, and high-profile producer Polow Da Don each step up to the mic to pay homage to the legend over DJ Khalil‘s somber piano chords, and sampled contributions from Mario Winans, Usher, and Boyz II Men serve as further reminders of the singer’s far-reaching impact. It’s sincere, touching, and liable to leave MJ devotees a little teary-eyed—if you’re having trouble shaking off those blues, may I recommend this?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.