Last week, Geffen released Camera Phone as the fourth single off of The Game’s latest album, LAX. Though the record was only good enough to make the project as a ‘Deluxe Edition’ bonus track, label executives figured that, with its Ne-Yo-assisted hook and Cool & Dre production the song could catch on and lead to some more moolah. If they had asked DJBooth, however, which single Game should release next, we would have suggested the unreleased Red Magic. Straight off the cutting room floor, a tagged-up version of the track first appeared on Lil Wayne’s recently-released Drought 6 mixtape, with the featured studio version to follow. Also produced by the Miami natives, Red Magic was undoubtedly left behind after the fearsome foursome of The Game, Weezy and Cool & Dre concocted the hit single, My Life.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.