Last week, Geffen released Camera Phone as the fourth single off of The Game’s latest album, LAX. Though the record was only good enough to make the project as a ‘Deluxe Edition’ bonus track, label executives figured that, with its Ne-Yo-assisted hook and Cool & Dre production the song could catch on and lead to some more moolah. If they had asked DJBooth, however, which single Game should release next, we would have suggested the unreleased Red Magic. Straight off the cutting room floor, a tagged-up version of the track first appeared on Lil Wayne’s recently-released Drought 6 mixtape, with the featured studio version to follow. Also produced by the Miami natives, Red Magic was undoubtedly left behind after the fearsome foursome of The Game, Weezy and Cool & Dre concocted the hit single, My Life.
Written by DJ Z on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.