Last week, Geffen released Camera Phone as the fourth single off of The Game’s latest album, LAX. Though the record was only good enough to make the project as a ‘Deluxe Edition’ bonus track, label executives figured that, with its Ne-Yo-assisted hook and Cool & Dre production the song could catch on and lead to some more moolah. If they had asked DJBooth, however, which single Game should release next, we would have suggested the unreleased Red Magic. Straight off the cutting room floor, a tagged-up version of the track first appeared on Lil Wayne’s recently-released Drought 6 mixtape, with the featured studio version to follow. Also produced by the Miami natives, Red Magic was undoubtedly left behind after the fearsome foursome of The Game, Weezy and Cool & Dre concocted the hit single, My Life.
Written by DJ Z on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.