Last week, Geffen released Camera Phone as the fourth single off of The Game’s latest album, LAX. Though the record was only good enough to make the project as a ‘Deluxe Edition’ bonus track, label executives figured that, with its Ne-Yo-assisted hook and Cool & Dre production the song could catch on and lead to some more moolah. If they had asked DJBooth, however, which single Game should release next, we would have suggested the unreleased Red Magic. Straight off the cutting room floor, a tagged-up version of the track first appeared on Lil Wayne’s recently-released Drought 6 mixtape, with the featured studio version to follow. Also produced by the Miami natives, Red Magic was undoubtedly left behind after the fearsome foursome of The Game, Weezy and Cool & Dre concocted the hit single, My Life.
Written by DJ Z on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)