It’s been over two weeks since Micheal Brown was gunned down by a Ferguson police officer, and the aftermath has roiled the nation. With some notable exceptions like J.Cole and T.I., many of hip-hop’s biggest names had stayed silent on the issue, but today Game unites a long roster of support for the dedication record Don’t Shoot. Also featuring contributions from Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, Fabolous, Wale, DJ Khaled, Swizz Beatz, Yo Gotti, Currensy, Problem, King Pharaoh and TGT, Don’t Shoot is welcome proof that hip-hop has a voice, and it’s ready to use that voice for good. All proceeds from the song will go to the Justice for Mike Brown Charity.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.