In 2001, when The Game was shot and critically wounded during a failed drug deal, he laid lifeless in a hospital bed for several days. After awaking from a coma, he decided to put his past behind him and pursue a rap career. Seven years later, the Compton born rapper is about to embark on the release of his third studio album. Set for release this June, L.A.X. (Los Angeles Times) will include Big Dreams, a Cool & Dre produced street single which was recorded immediately following The Game’s recent release from prison. Though the rapper has stated in various interviews that L.A.X. will be his last album, an increasingly sublime delivery and amplified lyrical flair will make it difficult to simply walk away.
Written by DJ Z on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.