“You ain’t nobody until you do what you want!” “Don’t you understand, your brain is clay and I gotta squeeze it!” While very few would turn to Arthur Fonzarelli (from classic ‘70s sitcom Happy Days for those painfully behind on their pop culture knowledge) for their rap inspiration, it turns out the man was actually a fountain of motivation, as California crew The Freshmen reveal on their last single, you guessed it, The Fonz. Making it’s worldwide premiere right here, right now, Fonz continues The Freshmen’s longstanding streak of genre-defying behavior (see Imagine, Dreamin’ California, etc.). Behind the board group member Kristo provides a bouncing, rock infused anthem, also putting in work on the mic alongside A. Wolf and Carlos Olivero, who stops in to deliver a smoothly unwinding bridge. If you’re looking for music that doesn’t sound like anything else out there, any maybe the occasional Amelia Earhart reference, look no further than The Fonz. Enjoy this bit of dopely updated nostalgia, but with no full-length project in site I’ll have no choice but to tell Albert to turn out the lights…for now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/26/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.