California ain’t just the state of Dre and Tupac, it’s also the locale that spawned surf-rock pioneers the Beach Boys. On new video single Surf’s Up!, The Freshmen take inspiration from Brian Wilson and company, crafting a summer jam perfectly suited for rotation at your local beach. Over the breezy yet energetic production of crew member THX (who also directs the official visuals), Kristo and A. Wolf wax poetic about kush, house parties and beautiful women. This promo cut isn’t attached ot any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from The Freshmen.
Written by richard on 05/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.