California ain’t just the state of Dre and Tupac, it’s also the locale that spawned surf-rock pioneers the Beach Boys. On new video single Surf’s Up!, The Freshmen take inspiration from Brian Wilson and company, crafting a summer jam perfectly suited for rotation at your local beach. Over the breezy yet energetic production of crew member THX (who also directs the official visuals), Kristo and A. Wolf wax poetic about kush, house parties and beautiful women. This promo cut isn’t attached ot any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from The Freshmen.
Written by richard on 05/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.