California ain’t just the state of Dre and Tupac, it’s also the locale that spawned surf-rock pioneers the Beach Boys. On new video single Surf’s Up!, The Freshmen take inspiration from Brian Wilson and company, crafting a summer jam perfectly suited for rotation at your local beach. Over the breezy yet energetic production of crew member THX (who also directs the official visuals), Kristo and A. Wolf wax poetic about kush, house parties and beautiful women. This promo cut isn’t attached ot any forthcoming project, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for all the latest from The Freshmen.
Written by richard on 05/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.